TFE Consulting is a values-led advisory business that supports clients on accelerating the global energy transformation. Our four key areas of focus are Energy, Digitalization, Mobility and Buildings. We work with companies, investors, international lenders and governments charting and catalyzing the global energy transition and demystifying the role of emergent technologies such as digital currencies, electric vehicles and big data.
Our strength lies in our ability to assess risks, innovate business models, market trajectories and prepare roadmaps for growth particularly in emerging economies and around frontier technologies.
Our energy work derives from considerable experience in both South Asia and Africa building successful companies and developing world-class market intelligence. Our newly opened office in Cape Town, South Africa builds our presence on the continent.
The Energy Intern position is the first step in building our Africa team. The successful candidate will have the chance to work on a variety of projects from national government rural energy access strategy to advising European companies on business model innovation and opportunities in the African market. He/She will learn what it is like to work with a world class team of international experts in a very exciting and dynamic sector. This is an excellent opportunity to become familiar with the energy access landscape in Africa and across other emerging economies and gain valuable experience using effective strategies for dealing with some of the major obstacles in the way of universal energy access.
We are looking for an assertive, dynamic, committed graduate with interest in the energy access space in Africa. It is essential that they have strong analytical, numerical skills and familiarity with the mechanisms of finance.
The successful candidate will be based in the Cape Town office and will collaborate closely with the Africa Director and Head Office in Munich. It is expected to bring one’s own computer.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform analytical reviews and conduct research on a variety of clients and players across multiple industries and sectors
- Develop tender documents
- Support with writing articles and opinion pieces on energy access related issues
- Keep abreast of developments in the industry
- Carry out in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis and present findings clearly
- Create high quality written materials
- Support on various company functions including communications, networking and social media management
- Assist with project planning
- Prepare for and contribute to regular internal meetings
- Take part in brainstorming and idea development
- Ability to assimilate a wide range of sources and data points into a coherent argument
- Motivated and organized
- Delivery of high quality written materials
- Commercial awareness and familiarity with the world of business/finance
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Tact and persuasive ability
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills
- Passport and ability to travel a bonus
- Foreign language skills (especially French) a bonus
- Internship duration: six months
- Compensation: Interns will receive a competitive salary of R4,500 per month
- Rewards: Successful interns will be considered for full time, longer-term employment
Dr. Sam Duby
+27 725 159 350